Under the command of Colonel Enoch Poor, the Second New Hampshire Regiment, originally organized to reinforce John Stark’s Green Mountain Boys, accompanied General Washington across the Delaware on Christmas night 1776 and was at Valley Forge. The original flag (along with a sister flag with blue field) was captured by the British near Ft. Anne, New York on July 8, 1777, and was shipped to England. It was returned in 1912 and now is the collection of the New Hampshire Historical Society. The emblem on the field is a radiating sun with the motto “WE ARE ONE” surrounded by a circle of 13 chain links with States’ names. Presented by Randolph M. Allen, Douglas R. Allen and Thomas N. Allen in memory of their father, William Trousdale Allen.